5th Annual Howl-O-Ween Pooch Parade & Pet Expo
Sunday, October 27, 2013 9:30a – 2:00p
Lemon Park (Rancho Tapo Community Park) MAP
- Dress up in your finest Howl-O-Ween costumes and come have a blast!
- The fee is $15 for the entire family and one dog to march in the parade, and $20 to march up front and be introduced as a VIP. Online registration will open on August 1, 2013. Click here for a registration form.
- Additional family dogs are $10.
- Spectators are free.
- More than 40 vendors of pet products.
- Great food — our famous Haunt Dawgz, burgers, burritos, tacos, ice cream, coffees and snacks.
- Pooch talent contests such as best large and small pooch, most humorous pooch, best costume, owner-pooch look-alike, best float or wagon, Judge’s choice pooch, the People’s choice pooch, amongst other contests.
- A silent auction with great gifts, plus lots of prizes for early-bird registration by October 21.
- All entry fees and auction receipts go to the Ventura County K-9 Search & Rescue Team and local animal shelters (last year we raised about $4,000 and plan to beat that this year).
- Demonstrations by the Disc Dogs of Southern California, Guide Dogs of America, and the VC K-9 Search & Rescue Team
Here are some pictures of previous parades from our professional pet photographer, Karen Coyle.